As New Horizons continues to support the worldwide response to COVID-19, the health and well-being of our Care Team, Clients, and Communities remain our top priority. We work in close partnership with local clinical teams, the Oregon Health Authority, and the CDC to stay on top of our changing health climate. Rest assured, we have the resources to support you during this challenging time.
Your health and well-being is our number one priority.
Our Commitment to Clients and Caregivers:
The health and wellbeing of Clients and Caregivers are of paramount importance. The critical role Caregivers play in community healthcare is extraordinary and our number one goal is to provide everyone the information and resources needed to care for each other as safely as possible. As new information related to COVID-19 is being reported on a regular basis, we endeavor to maintain the same pace in our learning, response, and communication. Here are the steps we’re taking to manage this health crisis to keep our communities safe:
- All Caregivers and staff have completed mandatory COVID-19 training and are kept up-to-date on the latest information.
- All offices are equipped with personal protective equipment for Caregivers to reduce transmission.
- Caregivers are pre-screened before seeing a Client to ensure they are okay to care for others.
- Caregivers are excused from work if they have any symptoms of illness, whether the illness presents as respiratory or gastro-intestinal in nature, and will never arrive to work sick.
- Remember, having a Caregiver in place means you or your loved one can remain safely in your home.
As a leading provider of in-home care to the communities we serve, we take very seriously our role in these difficult times. We have continued to welcome new Clients and we are fortunate to have maintained a strong, vast workforce of qualified Caregivers to help us meet the growing needs of our community. We are honored to care for our community members in the safest environment, their own homes.
There is a lot of misinformation online regarding COVID-19. New Horizons’ Nurses are available by phone at 1-877-642-2737 as a resource for facts and safety information. We also encourage you to refer to these sources to stay up-to-date on COVID-19 information and confirmed cases in the communities we serve: CDC and Oregon Health Authority.
Take the Quiz
Let us know what kind of help you might need, and we’ll be back in touch to customize a plan for you.Take the Quiz